Ready to Sell Reminders
October 9, 2015
READY TO SELL – ACTIVE SELLING AGENTS
- Pass AHIP training and testing
- Carrier Certifications
- Complete ALL online training modules and keep a copy of all carrier certifications
- Comply with any face to face carrier training; if you don’t know – Ask!
- Do not write any new business until you have received carrier confirmation that you are “Ready to Sell”
- Do not submit new applications until October 15th.
- Do not back date Scope of Appointment (“SOA”) form.
- SOA – have the consumer initial all types of products that may be discussed.
- Take time with each client and complete a thorough needs analysis.
- Remember to ask if anyone else should be present during the appointment (Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care).
- Follow carrier guidelines for a complete sales presentation and use all CMS-approved marketing material. Don’t deviate and don’t leave anything out.
- Carefully check the carrier’s website for participating providers.
- Thoroughly understand how Part D works and explain to the consumer.
- Complete the application in its entirety and review with the client prior to submission.
- Stay within the carrier’s guidelines for application turn in (even during the weekend).
Reach out to your clients;
- Did they receive their 2016 ID card?
- Review benefits, if necessary
- Answer any questions they may have and remind them that you are their first point of contact for all questions and concerns regarding their policy!
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@YourMedicare.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927