Formal/Informal Event Participation
October 14, 2015
This document serves to be a resource for Agent-hosted events – both formal and informal. Please not this document does not replace carrier-specific trainings, but rather as a supplement to provide you with compliance reminders.
Carriers must notify CMS of all formal and informal marketing/sales events via Health Plan Management System (HPMS) prior to advertising the event or seven (7) calendar days prior to the event’s scheduled date, whichever is earlier. Changes to marketing/sales events, (e.g. cancellations and room changes), should be updated in HPMS at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled event.
Reminder: You MUST stay the entire scheduled time
- Notification of cancelled sales events should be made at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the originally scheduled date and time of the event.
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled event, it is up to the agent/upline to find a suitable replacement, per the carrier’s guidelines.
If the carrier has stricter event guidelines relating to event submission and/or cancellation, the carrier rules supersede the above-described guidelines.
Disciplinary action for non-adherence to guidelines:
The general discipline for non-adherence with event guidelines is set forth below. Steps may be added or removed at the discretion of the Company or carrier.
- First offense (Coaching) – as dictated by the carrier’s disciplinary guidelines and additional corrective action, if any, as deemed by the Company’s Compliance Department and/or the Company’s leadership.
- Second offense (Corrective Action Plan (CAP)) – as dictated by the carrier’s disciplinary guidelines and additional corrective action, if any, as deemed by the Company’s Compliance Department and the Company’s leadership. Note: An agent “No Show” automatically warrants a CAP.
- Third offense – Disciplinary action up to and including possible termination of agent’s capability to participate in future events.
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@YourMedicare.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927