2017 Post-AEP Enrollment Reminders
Customers form their first and most lasting impression of you, and the carrier you represent, starting with the very first sales conversation. The more you act as their advocate from the very beginning, the more clients you will have, and the more clients you will keep. And, the referrals will follow!
All agents are encouraged to follow up with the new members two to three weeks after their effective date. This call begins to strengthen your client relationship and provides you the opportunity to:
- Confirm the new member has received their ID card and Welcome Kit.
- Allow the new member to ask questions about their new benefits, out of pocket expenses, physicians, pharmacy tier levels, etc.(Do they qualify for Low Income Subsidy?)
- If you enrolled the beneficiary in a PPO plan, remind them of the carrier’s website provider directory or to call you with provider questions. Make sure the member understands which providers “accept the plan.”
- Confirm the member’s understanding on how to use the carrier’s formulary.
- If necessary, make an appointment to visit the client for a benefit review.
- Ask the new member to give your contact information to people they know so you can help them become a member during the applicable enrollment period.
- Remind your client of a very important feature of their plan (why this plan best fits their needs).
- Encourage the member to call you with any questions or problems.
- Let the member know you will contact them every 90 days to make sure the plan is working for them and to answer any questions.
Keep notes on all member interaction.
Respond Promptly to Client Inquiries
One of the best ways to make money in sales is to obtain repeat business from current clients. If you do not follow up on a regular basis or quickly respond to their calls (no longer than 24 hours), not only do you reduce your opportunity for repeat sales, you stand a good chance of losing your current, placed business. Don’t let your customer “stew” because you’re not returning their call. It can worsen a simple problem.
Remember: Preserve your base of loyal clients.
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@YourMedicare.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927