Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
July 12, 2019
Did you know that Medicare eligible consumers can get help from their state to pay for Medicare premiums? Some states even help qualifying consumers pay Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles, coinsurance and copayments!
To qualify for a MSP program, individuals must:
- Reside in state or in the District of Colombia,
- Be 65 or older,
- Receive Social Security Disability benefits, or
- People with certain disabilities or permanent kidney failure
- Meet standard income and resource requirements
Currently, there are 4 MSP programs in place:
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program (QMB): helps pay for Medicare Part A premiums, Part B premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments.
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary Program (SLMB): helps pay for Part B premiums only.
- Qualifying Individual Program (QI): helps pay for Part B premiums only.
- Qualified Disabled and Working Individuals Program (QDWI): helps pay for Part A premiums only.
Make note that when enrolled in an MSP, individuals will automatically get Extra Help – a Federal program that helps pay for the cost of prescription drugs.
How to apply:
Call your state Medicare Program to see if you can qualify for a MSP and apply! You can visit www.medicare.gov/contacts to find the contact information for your state Medicare Program.
To find information regarding the 2019 Income and Assets Limits for those who may qualify for Extra Help, click Here.
Source: www.medicare.gov: The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare.
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@NSGACommunications.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927