May 24, 2019
You may be planning to host an Educational Event to talk about Medicare. Educational events are designed to inform beneficiaries about Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug or other Medicare programs. Remember that these events are to educate beneficiaries, not to lead them to a specific plan.
Follow these CMS guidelines when planning and hosting an event.
What you can do:
- Advertise these events as educational
- Host the meeting at a public venue. Never hold an educational event in a home, or one on one with a beneficiary.
- Serve light snacks/refreshments that have a nominal value of $15 or less
- Hand out business cards
- Answer beneficiary initiated questions.
- Set future marketing appointments and hand out business cards including contact information for beneficiaries to initiate contact. This includes completing and collecting Scope of Appointment forms.
- You can provide giveaways that include your contact information, logo, toll-free number and carrier website.
What you cannot do:
- Include marketing or sales activities or distribute marketing materials or enrollment forms at an educational meeting.
- Conduct a marketing/sales event immediately following an educational event in the same location as the educational meeting.
For additional information, refer to the Medicare Communications Marketing Guidelines.
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@NSGACommunications.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927