MCS Compliance Bulletins
- 2020-002 2020 Privacy and Security Training (ENG)
- 2020-001 Programa de Cumplimiento y Código de Conducta 2020
- Fraud Waste and Abuse Annual Training – 2020 English
- Fraud Waste and Abuse Annual Training – 2020 SPAN
- 2020 MCS Code of Conduct
- 2020 MCS Compliance Program
- MCS-Policy-002 Compliance Officer Compliance Committee
- MCS-Policy-004 Effective Lines of Communication
- MCS-Policy-006 Effective System for Routine Monitoring and Auditing
- MCS-Policy-007 Prompt Response to Compliance Issues
- MCS-Policy-025 Prevention and Detection of Financial Exploitation of the Elderly Cases
- MCS-Policy-027 Notice of Privacy Practices
- CA-COMP-040 Compliance Auditing and Monitoring
- MCS-Policy-056 Business Associate Agreement Policy
- MCS-Policy-061 Uses and Disclosures to Carry Out Treatment Payment or Health Care Operations Policy
- MCS-POLICY-069 Cyber and Security Incident Management Policy_7.10
- MCS-Policy-080 Uses And Disclosures For Which An Authorization Or Opportunity To Agree Or Object Is Not Required
- MCS-Policy-083 HIPAA Compliance Training
- MCS-Policy-084 Limited Data Set Data Use Agreement
- MCS-Policy-085 Use and Disclosure of PHI for Research Purposes
- MCS-Policy-086 De-identified Health Information
- MCS-Policy-087 Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Health Information
- MCS-Policy-088 HIPAA Privacy Complaints Policy
- MCS-Policy-091 HIPAA Designated Record Set Policy
- CA-COMP-071 Medicare Compliance Dashboard
- CA-COMP-011 Handling of Identified Deficiencies by Operational Areas and First Tiers Entities
- CA-COMP-008 Risk Assessment and Auditing and Monitoring
- CA-COMP-011 Handling of Identified Deficiencies by Operational Areas
- CA-COMP-039 Delegation Oversight
- CA-COMP-069 Sales Allegations Investigation Process for Independent Agents
- CA-COMP-071 Medicare Compliance Dashboard
- CA-FWA-008 Preclusion List Screening
- AE-2020-037 – Prohibited marketing activities for providers
MACRA 2020 CB0001-2020 January 3, 2020 Q. What does MACRA require? A. As of January 1, 2020, MACRA does the following: 1. Prohibits first dollar Part B coverage on Medicare Supplement Plans (Plans C and F) to "newly eligible" Medicare beneficiaries; so...
SOCIAL SECURITY RETIREMENT BENEFITS BY YEAR OF BIRTH CB0002-2020 January 7, 2020 Full retirement age is the age when a person first becomes entitled to full or unreduced retirement benefits. Full retirement age is also referred to as "normal retirement...
2020 LOW-INCOME SUBSIDY CHART (EXTRA HELP) CB0003-20 February 7, 2020 As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@NSGACommunications.com or you may call the...
Supplemental Security Income and Limits for 2020CB0013-20July 15, 2020Supplemental Security Income is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (this is not Social Security taxes). It is a program that aids aged, blind and disabled people who...
PII or PHI What is the Difference? CB0012-20 Jume 11, 2020 "PHI" and "PII" are acronyms commonly used when referring to personal consumer information. Although both terms reference personal data, PHI and PII have quite different definitions. PII, or "personally...
Rules for Avoiding TCPA ViolationsCB0011-20 May 27, 2020 The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) was created to handle the widespread use of unsolicited marketing calls, and the increasing use of automatic telephone dialing systems and prerecorded messages....
Keeping Information Secure HIPAA Privacy and Security CB0010-20 May 01, 2020 Reminder.... As a sales agent, consumers entrust you with a great deal of their personal information. HIPAA information is sensitive and should be kept confidential and only disclosed as...
Continuing Education Tips CB0009-20 April 30, 2020 Keeping up with continuing education credits is essential in order to maintain an active insurance license. Additionally, continuing education allows agents to acquire new knowledge and skills. New knowledge, or even...
Operational Guidelines with Medicare Advantage Carriers CB0004-20 February 11, 2020 It's important that all agents follow CMS regulations and guidelines to maintain compliance with our carrier partners. Please remember the following...
Additional Operational Guidelines with Medicare Advantage Carriers CB0005-20 February 25, 2020 It's important that all agents follow CMS regulations and guidelines to maintain compliance with our carrier partners. Additional points to remember telephonic conversations...
Reminders for Agents Working Remotely with Clients CB0006-20 March 25, 2020 During this time of uncertainty, while working remotely, we want to be sure to remain compliant when interacting with the consumer. You will definitely want...
Tips to Maintain Website Compliance CB0007-20 April 07, 2020 Technology opens numerous doors of opportunity to grow and manage business in the insurance world. One avenue of technology that many agents make use of of is the ability...
Low Income Subsidy Chart CB0008-20 April 10, 2020 * Income amounts reflect threshold without/with the $20 monthly income disregard (annually = $240); income is rounded to the nearest whole dollar. ** Asset limits include amount...