Sales and Enrollment Best Practices
August 19, 2021
- Take notes to refer back to & avoid asking consumer to repeat information already provided
- Engage the consumer throughout by asking open-ended questions and summarizing for their understanding
- Show a willingness to assist by utilizing statements like, “I will be happy to help you with that” or something similar
- Advise consumers consult with their providers for medical and prescription advice
- Obtain permission to place consumer on hold and advise why if needed & thank them upon return
- Address consumer by their appropriate title (Mr. Mrs. Col. Dr.) if requested
- Speak at a reasonable pace and volume
- Provide accurate and thorough presentations by utilizing appropriate tools (Summary of Benefits, Carrier Portals & scripting)
- Discuss inappropriate topics such as politics, religion etc.
- Inappropriate language or industry jargon (SEP, AEP etc.)
- Ask for HIPAA or Privacy information unless needed for enrollment (Minimum Necessary Rule)
- Use superlative terms, “best, free, highest rank” etc.
- Disparage other agents, agencies, Social Security, Medicare etc.
As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation. For questions or comments, please email us at Compliance@YourMedicare.com or you may call the toll-free number listed below.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH CONSUMERS.
Compliance Updates | 2650 McCormick Drive | Clearwater, FL 33759 | 844.206.2927